Thursday, November 10, 2011

My New Journey!

If you thought this is where I was going to be posting about us expecting our first child...sorry, this is almost the opposite (as far as my body goes).

Last week (after reading another blogger's post) I decided that it's time for me to start losing some weight again and I figured what better time than just before the holidays. Maybe I can try to restrain myself when indulging in all that the holidays have to offer.

Last Saturday I downloaded a new app on my iPhone called MyFitnessPal. You may have heard of it or already have it. I think it's so cool and I've been logging my food and workouts since Saturday. It even has a bar code scanner on it so you can just scan stuff and it will input all of the nutritional info in it. I used to carry around a planner with my workouts, food/calorie intake and daily weight. Now it's all in my phone. Soooo cool!

As of this morning, I've lost 4 lbs already. YAHOO! I know it always comes off fast at first and then you plateau, but it's still exciting. And this morning, I could even button my dress pants. Sometimes A lot of times, I will not button the top button and just wear my belt. Today I have them buttoned and haven't had to go in the bathroom to use the belt trick.

Somethings I'm doing to help me shed some pounds:
  • Drinking little to no alcohol. If you see me (friends and family, especially you m-i-l and s-i-l) and I do not consume an alcoholic beverage, this does not mean that I'm pregnant. Please do not make any assumptions or ask me if I'm pregnant.
  • Controlling the portions of food that I consume and documenting each and every thing that I eat, the best I can. Sometimes it's hard to find exactly what you're looking for and how many calories are in it
  • Working out at home. I've been logging miles on the treadmill and outside. I've pinned (yep, joined pinterest too) some workouts to try.
  • Joined the gym at work. It's $10/YEAR, how could I not join at the incredible rate. It's not a huge workout room - about the size as one at a hotel or apartment building - but it has the machines that I used when I had a gym membership at Lifetime and a locker room with showers. I mainly just plan to go down and walk or go on the elliptical during my 15 minute breaks.
  • Buying more fruit and making it a goal to eat it before it goes bad. Having a fruit bowl on the counter has enticed me to grab an apple or banana for a work snack instead of the crackers, cookies, leftover Halloween candy.
I'm excited to see how it goes this time around. I got pretty lazy in the summer and I think that having my new, amazing, fun job should help me to stay on track with this.

Any other suggestions to help me on this new journey?

Hope you have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. BEST of luck!! Aren't those first few pounds the best? They really keep you motivated. Keep up the hard work-- you can do it! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job Becky. Your m-i-l will zip it. :-)

    ReplyDelete