Sunday, January 15, 2012

Confessions of a Workin' (out) Girl

I've been inspired by Kelly to document my workouts. And since I am actually working out right now, I figured why not blog about it and hold myself accountable. The hubs and I started a little competition "goal plan" to get us inspired to work out. My goal is to run/workout equivalent to 25 miles/week and his is 20/week. This was started mid December and is scheduled, for sure, until we leave for Florida in 3 weeks. 


So, here's what I got up to this past week:


Sunday, January 8 - 1st spin class ever - about died, but felt amazing!
Monday,  January 9 - Step Plus Abs class and Zumba class
Tuesday, January 10 - 2nd spin class - not as difficult as the first but was happy to be there at 5:45 on a work day
Wednesday, January 11 - 1st Aqua Fit class - was more of a workout than I was expecting!
Thursday, January 12 - no workout, date night with the hubs
Friday, January 13 - ran 4 miles on the treadmill, 1 mile on the StairMaster and a light ab workout
Saturday, January 14 - Spin class was full so I walked 1.25 on the 'mill before kickbox cardio class followed by Zumba
Sunday, January 15 - ran 5 miles straight on the 'mill (time 52:30 - for me to see improvement, not to brag cuz that's not too fast) 


I'm definitely seeing improvements! I really enjoy going to the classes, I wish they offered more at different times. 


Today I went with Chris to Golf Galaxy to use up some gift cards he got while playing in a tournament last Tuesday (yep, outdoor tournament in MN on January 10 - crazy). I scored the best deal on a golf shirt for when I golf in Florida in a few weeks. It was originally priced for $60 and with the crazy clearance and one of his $10 gift cards, it was mine for just over $16. I was sooo excited! 


I hope you had a great weekend! Check back tomorrow for "Makeover Monday"









No comments:

Post a Comment