Thursday, June 2, 2011

Oh Happy Day...


So this week has been a really good week for a few reasons:

1. I painted our kitchen and our master bedroom (pics to come). This is something that I've been wanting to do for a while now and we got a $100 Home Depot gift card in the mail last week (from our credit card rewards) and it was my -almost- free make-over! We LOVE the new kitchen color, crisp autumn leaves.

2. My husband, Chris, was on a local radio station Tuesday to promote his landscaping business. I can't believe how well it went for him. He was so nervous, but he did AWESOME!

3. The UPS guy delivered our Ipad 2 on Tuesday night. We missed it Friday since we left for the cabin early and the next delivery was Tuesday morning. Chris was at the radio station and I was at work, so we missed it that morning. Luckily the nice guy came back that night and delivered it. Yay, time to play!

4. I got our mail on Tuesday night and opened up a check for our Existing Home Buyer Tax Credit. I thought it was one of the fake checks you get in the mail when I saw the envelope and then I was praying that when I opened it would be what I wanted it to be. It was! I don't think Chris and I have been that happy in a LONG time. We didn't expect to get that money until August at the earliest.

5. It was a 4 day work week for me. This is the 3rd week in a row that I have only worked 4 days! Next week is going to be a rough one, but Rudy and Marcia are coming up from Florida next week so I have that to look forward to!

6. Last night, I was browsing through one of the coupon flyers we get in the mail and discovered something so incredible (at least to me and my husband). There was a coupon for Qdoba Mexican restaurant in there and it showed a new location in Shakopee (right by where we live). This was BIG news people. I told my husband it was almost as exciting as getting the check in the mail on Tuesday night - he agreed! We went there for dinner tonight and plan to go as many times as possible until we're sick of it, which will be pretty much never!

I wish all of my weeks were this exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment