Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day weekend at the cabin

We had a great weekend up at Janeal (Chris's mom) and Brad's cabin. We headed up on Friday morning and got there around noon. They have a great place on Cedar Lake about 2 1/2 hours north of where we live. Here are some pics of "paradise" up north. They bought it last spring and have done so much in the past year to make it their own.

Kitchen into dining room

Dining room into kitchen (the table was on its way)

Beautiful fireplace and TV area

View of the patio and out to the lake

Stairs up to the loft and upstairs bedroom

View of loft and my husband pretending to shoot a deer (ironic since he doesn't hunt)

View of the lake

Where our bonfires are

view from down by the lake of the back of the cabin

Friday it was just us and Janeal. We hung out, went fishing for a little bit and pulled Kirby out of the lake. Yep, that's right, the little stinker either jumped in or fell in. Not really sure what happened, but luckily g'ma Janeal has quick reactions and pulled him out. While fishing, I reeled in a few crappies and a dog fish and Chris and Janeal caught some crappies and sunfish as well. We ended up throwing everything back since we don't know how to clean the fish and Brad wasn't coming until the next day. Then we went back to the cabin, had some dinner and relaxed for the remainder of the night. The dogs are in heaven when we go to the cabin. This is what they looked like after day 1.
Oscar passed out on a pile of pillows

Kirby snuggled up on my leg as I read

Saturday we slept in until about 8:30 which is late by my standards. Once we woke up, we did a little cleaning around the cabin, went out fishing for a little bit and waited for the rest of the troops to arrive. Brad arrived around noon and Josh, Whit, Claire and Max weren't far behind him. We ate some lunch and then Josh, Chris and I headed out for some fishing. We didn't have much luck. We caught a lot of small fish and had a few lines get snagged. Chris had Oscar kiss the small fish we caught. It was pretty cute.

After our unsuccessful venture in fishing, we headed in for dinner and a campfire. We had some yummy pork chops, salad, grilled veggies and bread. Soooo good! Then we had a campfire with smores and good company.

Sunday we slept in again (felt so good) and then woke up and worked around the cabin. The boys had to load the 2nd dock into the lake.  We just worked around the cabin and hung out until we had to leave at 1 to head back home so Chris could go to work. We had a great time up north and can't wait to go back in a few weeks when Rudy and Marcia are here!

I hope everyone else had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment