Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekend Recap

My weekend was pretty low key. I took Friday off from work just to have some "me time". I intended on getting a lot more done this weekend, but the crappy weather just made me feel sluggish :( Friday I did some cleaning around the house and ran some errands.

Saturday the hubs and I were lazy and just bummed around and watched movies. I made French toast for the first time with potatoes and bacon on the side. The French toast tasted pretty amazing. I made extra since the recipe I followed said you can freeze them and toast them later. I hope it works out :) Saturday evening I went to my sister-in-law's (Whitney & Josh) house for dinner. She made chicken lo mein. It was pretty delicious! I got to hang out with my niece Claire. She has been sick lately so it was so nice to have her back to her normal sweet self. Max, their son, was so smiley and precious. He got his first hair cut on Saturday and looks adorable. I came home and soon Chris joined me after work and we watched "The Mentalist" which is a favorite show of ours.

Sunday morning rolled in and Chris was working all day. I headed out to get the Sunday paper so I could do a little coupon clipping. I found a lot in there to buy, not sure if that's a good thing or not :) I did a little cleaning, laundry, read some of my book and made some chicken wings and potatoes for dinner.

Here are some pics from the weekend:

Finally some sunshine...at 7pm Sunday night. Seriously MN weather, shape up!

I did a little coupon clipping...trying to get in on the Extreme Couponing, but not really there yet!

Mom will you play with me and "the chippy?"


No, ok I'll play with Oscar instead


I hope this week goes by quickly and warms up a bit. I'm really tired of seeing flurries outside!

1 comment:

  1. The Mentalist is one of the best shows ever! Rich and I love that show. :)

    ReplyDelete