Monday, May 16, 2011

Weekend Recap

Hello! I'm back from a refreshing weekend. Nothing too extravagant, but I did get to spend some time with my hubby this weekend and it was nice. Friday night started off kind of icky. I wasn't in the best of moods and just need some "me time". I don't think the fact that I almost got hit by another car on my way home really helped. It made me realize I just need to go home and stay home!

Saturday morning Chris and I went to a neighborhood in Savage to check out their huge association garage sale. I'm not much for garage sale-ing so I don't ponder in the place for too long. I had a couple of items I was looking for, but didn't score either of them. The first place we went to we got a dog kennel for Chris's dad who is bringing home a new pup in a week and a half - $10 and a leaf blower (for Chris's business and our yard) $40. I was a little nervous to keep going after we spent $50 at the first place, but we did and didn't end up with much else. It wasn't the best day for garage sales, rainy and chilly out. It didn't stop people from going, though. We had to get some tips of how to win people over since we're having a garage sale this weekend. We came up with -  streamer flags to lure the buyers in, food for sale (or free like some people), a variety of items (some people had like 5 things for sale) and a clean garage! The rest of the afternoon we worked on pricing our stuff and getting it together. We hit up a new place for lunch called Burger Jones - now open in Burnsville! It's a nice little place. We didn't have a burger, although the White Trash Burger was tempting! Maybe I'll go back when it's on special, Tuesday, I think. We had nachos - they were delish! I really wanted to get a malt or a shake, but I'm too cheap to spend $5 or $6 on it.

Sunday morning, I woke up early since Kirby was begging to go outside! After that, we took the dogs for a walk around the neighborhood to wear them out. We made a little trip to Home Depot and then Chris was off to go golfing. I was a houseworking machine while he was gone. I finished our garage sale pricing and organizing, planted flowers, did laundry, cleaned and dusted, did the dishes, cleaned our pantry (time to go shopping again), went to Target (saved $30 with my coupons and credit card discount), Michaels (saved $13.60 with coupon and bogo), and VonHansen's (saved $8), got dinner ready, and found a little time to soak up some sun - not much, though! When Chris got home we had dinner, watched a little TV and then off to sleep.

The weekends seem to go so fast! At least I have a 4 day week this week - YAY! I have Friday off to work the garage sale. I hope we sell lots of stuff mainly so I don't have it in my house anymore. A little extra cash will be nice too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment