Monday, March 11, 2013

My addiction to Schlotzsky's will not break the bank now...and other ramblings

Just a few things from the weekend:

Claire, Cambrie and Bailey helping Millie with her basket
We did our annual moss basket day at Pahl’s Market. It was so fun to meet-up with everyone and little Bailey was so good while we were there. It was a little disappointing that a lot of the flowers were picked over and there wasn’t a ton left. I’m sure the baskets will turn out great, but I think we’ll be moving our reservation up a weekend next year!

Bailey likes to pull hair - poor Cambrie!
We were taking a group pic of the grandkids with Millie and Bailey spotted Cambrie’s hair in a ponytail directly in front of her and decided to grab on! Poor Cambrie…I thought she just didn’t want her picture taken, but there was a reason for the tears L

She was watching me get ready - I love that little girl so much!

On Sunday afternoon I met up with my friend Megan to get a present for our friend’s bridal shower next weekend. She brought little Henry with and he is so adorable! Sadly, no pics were taken but Bailey had a blast rolling the aisles of Target with Henry J
 Sunday night, I told Chris about this recipe I saw on pinterest for Reese’s peanut butter cup eggs. He was all sorts of confused by what I was talking about and claimed that he had never heard of them or eaten them…wait, what?! How is this possible? I feel like he was deprived as a child to have never had them waiting in his Easter basket. Maybe it’s his old age and memory going…but this will be changed immediately (like tonight when I attempt that recipe)
Today…some big news here! I left work at about 10:15 to go to my favorite sandwich shop in Edina (Schlotzskys Deli). They are starting to sell Cinnabon rolls at the deli so they posted on FB that the first 25 customers to order a 6 pack of Cinnabon rolls would get a card for a free small original sandwich each week for the next year. I’ve gotten that sandwich every.single.time I’ve gone there for the past 17 years. I was skeptical on if I should go. It’s about a 15 minute drive (each way) to get there from my office and I could use my lunch time, but then would have to make up some time and what if I don’t get the card...Chris told me I should go or I would regret it. Best decision ever, thank you hubby!

I got there at 10:40 and there were about 5 other cars in the lot – nobody standing in line. At 10:50 I decide that I’m going to start the line. I’ve never participated in anything like this…waiting in line to be the first xxx customer in. I was super anxious and ridiculously excited. I also wanted to get my stuff and get out since I have to make up the time I’m missing. So, I go stand in front of the door and within a minute everyone else that was there (about 10 others) joins me. We had some light conversations. It was kind of fun (but a little chilly…should’ve waited 5 more minutes) to talk to complete strangers about our obsession with this place. I was the first customer and got my rolls and my free sandwich for the week for lunch. The rolls cost $15.01 and I will definitely be getting my money’s worth out of that card!
Also, I brought the rolls back to my office and let my co-workers eat them. I look like such a nice co-worker…little do they know…ok, actually they all know cuz I’m still overly excited about it and telling them all when they come get the rolls – haha!
And that's enough of my ramblings for today...Happy Monday~

5 comments:

  1. Wait!! You just got a free sandwhich a week for the rest of the year??? SCORE!! Hahaha ;-D

    Looks like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is soooo awesome! I would be ecstatic!
    Helene in Between

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome about the free sandwiches! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am wildly jealous of that right now. I've never even been to this place. Clue me in next time they do something like that. ;) I was totally snoozing away at that time today too. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so awesome that you get free sandwiches!!! Well worth your time :)

    ReplyDelete