Saturday, September 3, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 3

Hello, I'm doing a 30 day blog challenge found here. Link up if you'd like to join!


Day 3: Tell us about your job


Ooooh, this is an exciting topic for me as of this past Monday. 


I work for a large company in the accounting department. I have been at my current job for almost 3 years. It started out stressful since I was a temp-to-hire employee (1st time ever doing that) and people were dropping like flies in the department I was working in. I had no idea how long I would make it there. I finally got hired on permanently, 8 months later, and have been there ever since. I started to not like my current job about a year ago when my supervisor found a new position in another office within our company. The morale of the department went way down when she left, there was some work drama going on in our department and everyone wanted out. One little problem, there weren't many jobs available within the company...


Fast forward to a few weeks ago, when my previous supervisor notified me she was posting a job opening that would report to her. I immediately applied, had a phone interview last Tuesday, had a formal interview with her and 2 other managers there last Thursday and was officially offered the position last Friday! I was beyond excited! I celebrated HARD last Friday night. My hubby got a keg for a fantasy football draft we had at our house. I invited over some of my girlfriends and we had a great night. I was up until 5:30 in the morning, I have no idea when I did that last. It was so much fun, Saturday was not so much fun! That pretty much involved me laying in bed in agony all.day.long. Luckily, I had nothing I had to do that day...


Megan doing a keg stand

Me doing my 1st (and probably last) keg stand
My new position is very exciting for me. I will be working for someone that I truly believe is a great manager. She motivates employees to do more, appreciates your work with praise, willing to give guidance on how to do something that maybe you've not done in a previous job and is overall a nice, kind, hard working person. 

I have a LOT to do before I leave my current position. I don't want to leave anything for someone else to have to resolve. I have to train someone how to do my job since nobody knows how to use the current accounting system that I'm in. It will be a stressful few weeks to finish up my current job and then training for my new job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment